In popular English-language blogs, I often met rave reviews about the Japanese brand SK-II.
Therefore, in one of the American stores at the SK-II stand, the reflex worked for me: “We must take it!”
But the brand’s price tag turned out to be so sobering that the thought of “buying” modestly hid in the corner of the subconscious and sat there for several years,
except for a small breakdown
until a terrible thing happened ...
Lyrics about economics and economy
I know that Beautician is read all over the world, therefore a short economic reference: over the past 1.5 years, the dollar exchange rate in some CIS countries has grown by about 2.5 times.
Of course, this has affected the cost of products and consumer consciousness.
Such macroeconomic upheavals affected me strangely. Instead of saving with the search for cheap analogues or the creation of strategic stocks of cosmetics “on sale”, I decided to apply the formula:if this cosmetic product I need now (+) it is this brand I want (+) there is a material opportunity (=) I make a purchase.
Using this approach in 1.5 years:
1) I raked deposits of unnecessary cosmetics, which I bought "for nothing" or "just liked packing / recall";
2) I have a necessary and sufficient set of funds, each of which fully pays for the investment with efficiency;
3) with a calm toad, I allowed myself to buy SK-II brand products (and some others) that I had dreamed about for a long time
After the lyrics, let's see if it's worth dreaming about SK-II brand products.
Debriefing will begin with their most famous product ...
1. Essence SK-II Treatment Essence Essence is an intermediate stage after the tonic, moisturizing, enhancing the effect of subsequent care and, sometimes, allowing you to replace the serum.
Having tried a couple of good essences, I came to the conclusion that this layer of cosmetics is needed and now I can neglect the serum, but not the essence.
The SK-II Treatment Essence is slightly thicker than water and has a very faint smell of boiled rice.The ascetic composition of the essence:
The manufacturer recommends several application options, I prefer to drip about a teaspoon in the palm of my hand and apply the SK-II essence with my hands on my face.
The essence of SK-II Treatment fell into the category of my beloved despite some disadvantages
, which include:
1) difficult accessibility;
3) the absence of pronounced moisture (in theory - the direct task of such products);
4) the presence of parabens in the composition.
Now about the benefits of SK-II Treatment Essence
1) the most important thing is the obvious tightening and increase in skin tone:
in a couple of weeks, the essence brought the skin
exhausted by flights, temperature changes, peeling into a perfect order;
2) acceleration of regeneration processes (for those who “cure” inflammation with their hands);
3) absolute friendliness to any creams on top of the essence;
4) does not clog pores;
5) significantly enhances the action of monoserums: for example, if you drop collagen or hyaluronic acid into the essence, then their effect (lifting or moisturizing) will be more pronounced;
6) Suitable for the area around the eyes.Find 3 differences between water and essence ... but they are tactile Output:
Duration of use - 1 month
Cost - about 5 500 rubles per 75 ml
Score - 5 with a minus (works fine, but the price and lack of moisture ...)
2. SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion
If I bought the essence of SK-II from reviews, then the SK-II tonic (lotion) went to me “for delivery”. At the time of purchase, my beloved La Mer had just ended, and the SK-II product was unexpectedly cheaper than my favorites The Tonic La Mer and Sisley.Lotion Composition:
The purchase was a success. In addition to the presence of parabens in the composition (which, for example, Sisley tonics have), all other characteristics of SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion are only positive
1) economical consumption;
2) perfectly moisturizes the skin, removes the feeling of tightness;
3) does not leave a feeling of film and does not clog pores;
4) refreshes and soothes the skin;
5) has a very light, but "expensive" smell;
6) suitable for the area around the eyes;
7) goes well with any departure from above;
8) alcohol free;
9) perfectly removes the remnants of detergents. Skin after tonic “Breathes”.
In general, SK-II tonic has become a worthy analogue of moisturizing tonics from Sisley and La Mer.
By the way, if someone is still not sure about the need for a tonic, as such, a little experiment ...
Compare how SK-II tonic and ordinary water remove a pencil from a smooth surface
Imagine that a pencil is a micro-residue of cosmetics and cleaning products that could not be removed during washing. We apply an equal amount of funds:
Now once we draw a cotton pad on the inscription.
With the “dry residue”, the tonic completely dissolved and removed the inscription, the water “rolled up” the pigment and did not completely clean the surface.
Of course, there are makeup removers, but after them the skin does not always remain perfectly clean (at least with a film feel). A good tonic just completes the complex skin cleansing process, balances the ph on the surface and prepares the face for subsequent care.
SK-II is definitely a good tonic.Output:
Duration of use - 1 month
Cost - about 4,000 rubles per 215 ml
Rating - 5
It was in vain that I took so long to leave the SK-II stands empty-handed (
failure with eye cream does not count
). The beauty-to-go and toad remained in peace and harmony after the purchase.
Both drugs, despite the presence of parabens in the composition, worked perfectly in terms of anti-age.
My skin after treatment after the tropics became quite thin and (in life) prone to ptosis, so the strengthening properties of SK-II Treatment Essence were obvious after a couple of weeks of use.
According to the manufacturer, the “magic component” of SK-II is responsible for anti-age ... Pitera (see second position in the compositions of both products) is a product of rice fermentation in the production of sake.
Google Almighty was able to talk about pitera a little more than nothing. Only SK-II releases blow the pitera features and, judging by the SK-II website, raw materials look romantic:
Despite the fact that science has not proved the benefits of rice wine for the skin, my life experience votes for sake.